Saturday, December 22, 2012

Tree Ornaments While Ruby Naps


     I am still in love with my glitter foam wreath! but my tree was a little bare so I used my scraps and some clothes pins to make so glittery goodness for our little tannenbaum. With most Christmas ornaments running around 8$ a piece this has saved me money for Santa to use later and has done good work in ratcheting up my holiday spirit!
   you will need
           clothes pins (1$ for a bag of 24)
Glitter Foam sheets (97 cents each at hobby lobby I got two of each color and have a TON of extra even after the wreath and ornaments)
sharpies (draw on snow man details)
scissors
glue

****this craft is great for kids too (although you way want to use Elmer's glue instead of a hot glue gun for the kiddies)*****
We used cookie cutters to make imprints on the back of the foam before we cut it out, made it easy and helped because drawing is not my strong suit!   You can also find patterns for shapes and such online.
      we did:
   snow men
   gingerbread men
   stars
Christmas trees
Wreaths
   
I absolutely love how they turned out. the glitter looks great on our tree when the lights are on!



the whimsical tree with the moon is my favorite but cutting it out took forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment