Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Wreath While Ruby Naps


    This year has had many firsts for me.  I had my first child, I had my first wedding anniversary, it was the first year I cooked my own thanksgiving turkey (that was quite an adventure) and the list goes on.  Through this year isn't technically my first Christmas married and in my own house I have decided not to count last year because I was 8  months pregnant and on bed rest so I couldn't do the holiday justice. 
      I wanted to go all out but at the same time I didn't want to have to sell my kidney and left toe to pay for both decorations and gifts this year so I decided that this was a job for my glue gun!  I will be putting up a couple posts of my projects for this years Christmas extravaganza!

       The first decoration I wanted to tackle was a wreath.  The ones in target cost 25$ so tonight while my sweet baby slept I made one that I am in love with for less than 3 $                                            

 you will need:
glittery foam sheets (99cents each)
glue gun or normal glue and patience 
shape to trace


     I got some glitter foam sheets from hobby lobby.  They were 99 cents each and its take half of two sheets to make my wreath (the rest I am using for more decorations!) 
      I used an old music box shaped like a bell to trace circles onto the foam sheets to cut out my Christmas baubles, but you can use anything, even cookie cutters! the impression they leave in the foam would help you save time by skipping the tracing step! I cut nine circles of each color out.
     
 Then I cut the middle out of a paper plate for my wreath form and laid out the circles in couple different patterns before I found the one I wanted.  
     
       After you find a pattern you like start gluing it down! ( Have a chop stick or something the press down on any places that may have oozing hot glue, I always seems to put my fingers into pools of molten glue no matter what the project). I also added a braided ribbon to the top of mine to hang on the door.
     and simple as that I was done!  you can make yours more fancy with ribbons or by mixing colors and shapes but I was really taken with my simple alternating circles!


Dont throw away your extra scraps from your glitter foam, I am posting on how to turn those into tree ornaments tomorrow!
preview

No comments:

Post a Comment