Saturday, December 29, 2012

Hair Bow Holder While Ruby Naps

My little girl has crazy curls. I adore them, but combing isn't going to make them look particularly presentable so ever since it got long enough I have been trying to tame them with the salon clip hair bows.  I have many,  to fit each outfit and mood. But they get scattered throughout the house and I have to search everywhere for one. 
I found a hairbow holder in the store and laughed as I walked away from its 20$ price tag.  That was when I decided to make one my self.
You will need:
Fabric (size is up to you)
Wood or cork board to cover
Ribbon
Staple gun or hot glue gun

I bought a wooden disc from hobby lobby for 1$ and used scrap fabric and ribbon.  I cut a circle around the wooden disc with two inches extra then hot glued the fabric tight around the wood, covering one side completely.  I wanted a simple hair bow holder so I just went with an X, you can get as creative as you like with your ribbon placement.  I hot glued the ribbons to the back side of the wooden disc.
 I had to make sure that they were securely fastened,as this is where the hair-bows will be clipped to. I used my staple gun to secure the hanger to the upholstered disc.  I am pretty happy with how it turned out, however I might make another one that will actually match her room, she has blue sparkly stars, the pink and black polka dots are a bit out of place......
I would LOVE to see any other homemade hair-bow holders!  Show me how yours turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment