Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Made something cute for me while Ruby Was Napping

     I have been watching another tiny human for a friend lately so most of Ruby's naps (and her buddy's) have been spent sitting quietly on the sofa trying to remember where I put my sanity.  I still have not found it but I did manage to whip up a couple of cute things to brighten up my summer.
     Before I agreed to watch my friend's daughter I had decided I didn't want to buy much , if any, of my summer wardrobe.  I thought it would be nice to challenge myself, to either make from scratch or refab what I had to get through this Texas heat.
     Here is what I have come up with so far, now that I have started I have a head full of ideas for more, if only I had the time!

this took me less than an hour! its nice, light, and washable, if I run an iron over it I can even wear it to church!

 This one is my favorite, a twirly circle skirt made out of knit and a cotton woven for the waist band, I just have to be careful on the windy days!
This purse was made from fabric in both skirts and I am in love, the first one i made was for my etsy shop but I loved it so much I had to make one for myself!

next I am refbaing last year's jeans into cut offs and capris with style!

No comments:

Post a Comment